TikTok has released a two-part video series for creators and SMBs. It aims to optimize their content and improve audience response. It will help brands who just started out and want to create a solid strategy for posting clips on TikTok.
“As part of an ongoing initiative to help small businesses elevate the creative they share on TikTok, we are pleased to announce “Behind The Camera,” a series of easy-to-follow instructional videos showing businesses how to take their TikTok to the next level through the latest creative trends and techniques,” explains TikTok.
TikTok divided the notes into basics and in-depth tutorials. It covers various tricks camera and presentation tips for your recording.
TikTok advises the following basics:
- Keep it simple – Keep your messaging brief and concise. Avoid jamming up too much content in a single clip.
- Shoot vertically – Capitalize the full-screen experience through vertical shots, not horizontal.
- Have good lighting – Use good lighting to achieve a good effect. Ensure you are inside a well-lit room or space. These small considerations, including shadows, have a huge impact on your scene.
- Focus on your subject – Keep your lens focused on the area or subject that you want your audience to see. “This can help prevent blurring or losing something important in darker lighting,” explains TikTok.
- Use effects and text – Natural-looking TikTok content can maximize engagement and response. TikTok recommends creators to use existing creative tools. The service noted that making content feel native to the platform can help get on more For You pages. It will reduce swipe away responses if your videos look like the clips in user feeds.
- Have fun. – TikTok says content creation should be fun. It emphasizes the user experience and how your content plays into that.
For video tutorials, TikTok has clips explaining how to implement creative presentations, including 360 video, floating effect, camera drop, and seamless transitions.
The videos are listed under a new playlist on the TikTok YouTube channel.
We see helpful pointers here to create more effective TikTok clips that standout.
All TikTok marketing experts you talk to will say one thing: effective TikTok promotions align with the presentation trends and tools in the platform. This is why most experts want to use user-generated content. Some even reach out to top influencers for their campaigns.
If you cannot afford third-party service yet, you can do it on your own. The notes have helpful insights into how creators can use great techniques in your TikTok marketing strategy.
Check the TikTok Behind the Camera tips here.