The next version of the Megaupload site will not be open to users in the US, Kim Dotcom has revealed.
The information comes to us by way of announcements made by the Megaupload founder through Twitter and through statements he made to TorrentFreak.
According to Dotcom, developers should get ready as Dotcom and his team will be releasing the Mega API.
“Developers get ready. The Mega API will provide incredible powers. Our API and your Mega tools will change the world,” he said in a post on Twitter.
Developers get ready. The Mega API will provide incredible powers. Our API and your Mega tools will change the world.
— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) August 28, 2012
Furthermore, he said that “We are building a massive global network. All non-US hosters will be able to connect servers & bandwidth.”
He also said that “MEGA will return. Bigger. Better. Faster. Free of charge & shielded from attacks. Evolution!”
The site will also be more than just about file sharing, TorrentFreak said as Dotcom also want those involved in email, face, VoIP and video to get involved in the next Megaupload.
“They abused the wrong guy. I am going to turn this world upside down. Power to the people. Bye bye Echelon. Hello Freedom,” Dotcom also said.
Furthermore, the next Megaupload will be better at encryption. “To those looking forward to a new Megaupload with more privacy, Dotcom says that the new service will offer one-click encryption of all data transfers, on the fly, and for free,” the publication noted.
Earlier this year, Megaupload was shut down as the US government through the Federal Bureau of Investigation partnered with other law enforcement agencies around the globe to capture the file sharing site’s top management.
In the raids in New Zealand, Dotcom saw his possessions sequestered and his bank accounts frozen.
The Megaupload founder has vowed to fight, however, and has trumpeted the second coming of his website.