Google Shopping has added several new tools to help shoppers, retailers and manufacturers gain a head start over shopping for the holiday season.
Vineet Buch, Group Product Manager of Google Shopping, posted on the Inside AdWords blog that consumers who search for toy subsets on Google Shopping will now see 360-degree interactive images of the products to bring an in-store feeling even when browsing online.
“Look for the ‘3D’ swivel icon on the product image to see a toy in 360-degree view, on HTML5 enabled browsers. We’ve also put together a Holiday Toy Collection featuring this enhanced imagery—explore the collection on this site. 360-degree imagery is coming for other types of products soon,” said Buch.
Retailers and manufacturers who want to display rich images of their products on Google Shopping can start here.
Google Shopping introduces Shortlists, a new tool that helps research for products and plan purchases with friends and family. It consolidates a consumer’s entire shopping research in one location, which saves time previously allotted for bookmarking websites and opening URLs from long lists in documents.
Shortlists monitors products from Google Shopping and other websites, views product information (photos, prices and specs) side-by-side.
Shoppers can create a shortlist through this link or by clicking the “Add to Shortlist” button when browsing products on Google Shopping.
“To help you make the most of your holiday budget, Google Shopping now shows discounts or promotions on the products you’re viewing. If discounts or promotions are available, you can click on the link and visit the retailer’s site to redeem the offer,” said Buch.
Here are a few of the other tools the Google Shopping team created to make holiday shopping a breeze:
- Not sure you’ve found the perfect gift? Read reviews from people you know and write your own product reviews on Google Shopping.
- Found an item that’s almost perfect but not quite? Now you can view “visually similar” results for even more types of products and categories, including jewelry, coats, handbags and more.
- Buying an important gift? Look for the Google Trusted Store logo as you shop. It indicates a store ships quickly and delivers excellent customer service.
- Shopping on the go? Browse for gift ideas, find local sales and research products with the new and improved Google Shopper 3.0, currently available for Android.
- Still need some inspiration? Browse holiday catalogs from the top retailers directly on Google Shopping.