As a business owner today, the stakes are high when it comes to cybersecurity. Businesses now face serious penalties and potentially crippling civil suits if they’re found to be negligent in this area. Add into that the reputational damage, and the cost of revamping your security, and a breach could be deadly for your business.
As you’ll see from the infographic we have for you below, most small to medium businesses will fold within six months of a breach. By comparison, the cost of cybersecurity training, an email scanning program, and a great anti-virus program are reasonable.
The good news is that as a business, there’s a lot that you can do to shore up your cybersecurity. The infographic below will give you a good head start in this area. It’s packed with statistics and tips that will help you to improve your business’s data security.
· How extensive the problem is: The stats are mind-boggling, especially when you learn about the biggest and hacks in history. These stats are divided into the biggest stats in terms of money lost, and the number of user accounts exposed.
· The most wanted hackers: Learn more about the top two hackers in the world.
· How cybercriminals target small businesses: You’ll learn about how small to medium businesses are targeted and the potentially crippling effects of a breach.
· Tips to secure your business: Learn what steps you can take to protect your data.
· More about cybersecurity for individuals: Of course, practicing good cybersecurity in your personal life is going to stand you in good stead in your business life as well.
· About the most enduring cybersecurity myths: There’s a list of the top myths that are absolute rubbish.
· More about GDPR: This set of regulations has far-reaching effects for anyone who has clients in the European Union.
But, enough about what’s in the IG, why don’t we take a look at it instead?