A reliable guide on how to back up Android Phone with ease in 2021
As long as you have backed up your data, you won’t lose everything even if your Android phone gets lost. However, there are kinds of data on the Android phone, which makes the backup more difficult.
So are there any useful backup methods? Yes, here they are. Please hold on a minute, and check for this post. It will tell you how to back up the Android phone without effort.
Back Up Android Phone to Google Cloud Space
Google cloud storage is the Android phone’s savior for backup, because it allows you to upload your Android content with several Google tools, like Google Photos, Google Drive, Google One, and more. Let’s go on to study how it can help you back up multiple data types.
1) Pictures and videos
Are there lots of photos and videos on your Android device? Don’t worry. Google Photos can solve this problem well, since it can automatically back up all Android photos and videos wirelessly. It also supports you to manually upload the images and videos you want.
Another highlight of Google Photos is that it supports to set the upload size. You can choose high quality or original quality. Besides, you can search for your photos without adding tags, and select your desired Android folder for backup.
Here’s how to use Google Photos:
- Install Google Photos on Android, and sign in with your Google account.
- To enable the auto-backup feature, please tap the “Menu” > “Settings” > “Back up & sync”.
- To set the upload size, you can click the “Upload Size” option.
- If you want to back up a specific folder, please hit the “Back up device folders” feature.
2) Contacts, messages, apps, and settings
In addition to videos and pictures, contacts and SMS are important on the Android handset. In this part, you can follow the steps to back up apps, settings, messages, and contacts with your Google accounts. More powerfully, you can also back up your calendars, Gmail settings, and more.
Here’s how to back up data with the Google account:
- Go to the Settings app, and choose the “Accounts and backup” option.
- Tap the “Backup and restore” > “Back up my data” icon and turn it on.
- Type your Google account by hitting the “Backup account” option.
3) Documents and Music
Now there are only music and documents without backup. Google Drive will give you support because it works with multiple file types, including audios, APK files, documents, etc. It allows you to edit your uploaded documents and scan the paper documents.
It will organize your backup files, so you can easily find and view your data. Its intelligent search feature can help you fast find target files by name and content.
Here’s how to back up your Android phone with Google Drive:
- Install the app on the Android smartphone.
- Log in with your Google account.
- Tap the “Plus” icon to back up what you want from the cell phone.
Back Up Android Phone to Computer
If you don’t want to back up your handset to cloud space, you can choose to back up data on the computer. Then you can access your backup data directly without the network.
Using USB cable
It is simple to transfer your media files from Android to the PC using a USB cable. However, it cannot work with your contacts, apps, or messages. If your computer is Mac, please install Android File Transfer in advance.
Here’s how to back up the Android phone with a USB cable:
- Use the cable to connect your phone and the computer.
- Please go to This PC on Windows; you can open Android File Transfer on Mac.
- Navigate to the Android folder you plan to back up, and drag the desired files to your computer. When the transfer process is over, the backup is finished.
Back Up Android Phone with Other Tools
Besides the mentioned above, there are many other tools that can help you back up your Android phone. For example, OneDrive offers you 5 GB of free cloud storage, and SMS Backup & Restore can back up your messages and call logs. Similarly, you can also select G Cloud Backup, SMS Backup+, My Backup, and the like.
Currently, it is no longer difficult to back up the Android phone, but if you are eager to back up all data at a time, you’d better choose a comprehensive backup utility. So, which method do you like best among the above? Welcome to share your thoughts with us in the comments section.