5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs a Social Media Analyst
Social media is a vast landscape that provides an immense opportunity to promote a business. You can expect successful marketing and a great revenue, but only if it is done expertly, just like social media analysts.
Whether you are looking to build a loyal social media following or boost your SEO, social media analysts can propel business growth with their knowledge. They integrate social media marketing techniques into your brand’s identity to boost your online presence.
But this is just a bit of what they do to keep you ahead of the curve. There are many other reasons why your business needs a social media analyst.
Here are the 5 reasons why your business needs a social media analyst:
1) Understanding Audience
If you understand your audience well, it is easier to influence them. In the same manner, in marketing, you need to know who exactly your target audience are. So that you can focus on the right people at the right time. Social media analysts help you understand your audience in several ways:
- Finding the Right Audience: Social media has millions of users, but not all of them are your audience. Thankfully, in social media, you get control over the type of audience who sees your ad. Analysts find them on different platforms using an extensive bank of data. They analyze social users’ interests, their buying habits, and more. Once they have the target audience, the ads are visible to genuinely interested people only. This way, you don’t have to invest over showing ads to everyone.
- Finding the Right Timing: Each channel has different timings when users’ activities are on peak. Analysts consider these timings the best to advertise. They know the days and timings for each platform and suggest posting content accordingly. It is essential because this is when you can grab the maximum attention of your prospects and increase the possibility of conversion.
2) Converting Prospects into Leads
Directing traffic to the website is not enough if visitors don’t respond in the desired way. Your marketing strategy must lead to conversions, and social media analysts ensure this. They implement a number of tactics to improve your conversion rate.
- Customer Engagement: People must be convinced that you can deliver a satisfying business experience. For this, they need to trust your brand, and this comes when people know you care for them. Analysts suggest ways to engage with the audience or customers by responding to their feedback. Be it their likes, shares, dislikes, comments, or suggestions; they suggest a response to each. By replying tactfully, you will be earning customers’ loyalty. Analysts also know the way to interact with your followers. This effort can turn them into customers and can further turn them into repeat customers.
- Build credibility: Your brand image is a significant factor in turning prospects into consumers. Analysts know this very well, and therefore consider your business credibility as one of the main goals of social media marketing. They greatly enhance your online presence by analyzing your existing profile and suggesting ideas for an attractive social media presence. This way, you leave an everlasting impression, earn reputation and improve your business credibility.
- Managing Crisis: A poor comment or response can badly impact a business. But not all poor comments are to be worried about, because some of them could be customer’s concern. Analysts can differentiate between the concerns and criticism. They help in tackling criticism and responding to concerns. You should not ignore the fact that most of the people go for reviews before making a purchase decision.
3) Tracking, Measuring & Reporting
To check the feasibility of your marketing strategy and to know how well it is performing, you must measure its performance. Social media managers take care of your marketing performance in different ways.
- Tracking: Analysts track many elements and data points that pull social media. They keep an eye on those points that impact your performance by setting up conversion tracking codes, remarketing audiences, and more. This way, it becomes easier to determine the Audience’s journey through the marketing funnel from different pages. In the same manner, they also track the progress of social media campaigns.
- Measuring: Analysts can measure website traffic, sales, app downloads, email subscriptions, and more. In addition, they can determine ROI by comparing the result to the time and money invested.
- Reporting: Creating reports is another factor in analyzing the return on investment. Analysts observe follower engagement and generate a report based on their behaviors. They can also spot the most valuable data points and develop monthly reports for the business. These reports help them develop a game plan for the upcoming months.
4) Effective Content Marketing
Content marketing is beyond images and texts. It takes a brilliant strategy to make content marketing effective. Analysts do this in different ways.
- Analyzing previous social media posts: Analysts analyze social media posts metrics to understand their performance. They make a note of posts that didn’t perform well and list down the reasons for that. Then, they suggest content creators improve on a certain level. So, content creators develop more engaging and relevant content that is different from generic posts.
- Understanding the Voice: The voice and tone of content describe your brand mission and purpose. It can be formal, casual, witty, or educational. Analysts ensure that your posts are consistent with the voice of your brand in every aspect. It is applicable for each platform and in every type of content. Maintaining consistency in your voice enhances your brand value.
5) Analyzing and Using Data to Your Benefit
As already discussed above, in social media marketing, data plays a vital role. Analysts detect those data and use it to your business advantage.
- Analyzing results: Social media marketing generates massive data. Each data metric is highly important for the progress analysis, but the data is not always easy to understand. Analysts are experts who use the best tools to not only analyze the results but also tell you what those results mean. Plus, they also tell you how to alter your strategy if the results are not as per your expectations.
- Connecting data: Facebook marketing provides a massive quantity of data sourced from audience insights. They can combine these data with their own data to determine the result. For instance, they can combine the data of users visited your site and those having a history of online shopping. Then use the combined data to target Facebook ads to those audiences.
- Using data: Analysts refer to your previous data to optimize your ads in the least possible time. It saves time and money you would require for A/B split testing, where two or more versions of an ad are tested to compare and find out the most effective ones.
Social media marketing is all about understanding the data received in every phase of marketing.
Social media analysts are knowledgeable and expert in finding the meaning of each data and using them for the benefit of your business.
If you want to lead this ever-competitive market, you must have an expert to guide your marketing strategy.