Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/socialbarrel.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/featured-slider/slider_versions/shortcodes_1.php on line 61
Given the dynamic and ever-evolving nature of social media, we have to overview the trends and stats in the industry more than three to four times a year. Since we’re halfway through the year already, we decided to give you a brief overview of the 10 social media stats that matter for online marketers!
- 80% Marketers claim social media has helped increase their website traffic.
The research from HubSpot also indicates that content marketing followed closely by big data analytics are the two most lucrative tools in social media marketing.
- 4.2% engagement rate on Instagram is the highest in all social networks.
Forrester reports that Instagram oversees more than 3 million user interactions, which includes liking pictures, commenting, etc.
- 1 in 3 professionals around the world has LinkedIn.
33% of all professionals in the world are on LinkedIn, further solidifying its value in industry networking, recruiting, and developing thought leadership.
- 150% more Re-Tweets for Tweets with images.
Visually appealing posts are more engaging than written posts on Twitter.
- 53% Americans following brands on social media are more loyal.
Convince and Convert suggests that 66% of 18 to 24 year old Americans are loyal to brands they follow on social media, while only 39% of 55 years old and more follow the trend.
- 37% Twitter users are less than 30 years of age.
The Twitter audience, on average, is now younger than that of Facebook. Time to reevaluate your strategies?
- Tweets with nearly 110 characters boost engagement by 17%
Social Media Examiner reports that instead of using the maximum Twitter character limit, posts should be short to focus on simplicity and Re-Tweet prospects.
- More than 300 million active monthly users on Google+
Despite being overlooked by marketers, Google+ is still going strong and should be focused on if you deploy Google products.
- Photo posts account for 87% of Facebook Engagement
Visual content on your Facebook fan page is the easiest way to boost engagement and leads.
- Brand engagement depreciates on Twitter with more than 3 Tweets a day
Social Bakers reveal that over 3 posts a day is bad for engagement. Mix up some quality posts with images if needed!
So what did you think about our stats? Leave your thoughts and suggestions below!
[powr-social-media-icons label=”Enter a Label”]