Alongside the relevant work experience, business & technology certifications are increasingly preferred in various industries and sectors. Fortunately, there are many options available today for business and IT certifications for prospective job hunters as well as employed people seeking to boost their careers. There are multiple professional advantages one can gain by successfully completing the in-demand certifications.
Benefit of certifications to the candidates
- Enhanced employment opportunities
- Higher income prospects
- Increased professional credibility
- Greater opportunities in networking
- Better flexibility in career
- Staying ahead of the curve in learning new technologies and business ideas
Benefits of certifications to the organizations
Apart from offering benefits to the individuals, good certification courses offer many potetnial benefits to the organizations. Companies prefer to hire candidates who are certified since the perceived value of certified candidates is more than a non-cerified candidates. Here are some of the benefits organizations see the certifications bring to them:
- Enhanced employee and organizational productivity
- Reduced training cost with the hiring of certified candidates
- Competitive advantage; a company with more certified or trained employees is likely to be viewed as having more expertise than a competitor with lesser certified or trained employees
- Positive impact on the work environment; companies look forward to certified employees bringing their individual value as well as the sharing of their expertise with other employees resulting in better workforce overall
- Greater innovation; employees certified in latest cutting edge technologies are expected to help organizations innovate faster and more frequently
Let’s review now some of the well paying certifications currently available.
Business Program Certifications
Some of the high-paying business certifications that you can help you boost your career include:
CAPM (Certified Associate In Project Management)
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 1,500 hours of project experience
- 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam.
CAPM is designed for project management professionals. It helps distinguish successful candidates in the job market as certified project management professionals for managing larger projects. Great flexibility is offered to the candidates by allowing them to take this exam online.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
A certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a professional who is viewed as an expert in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology, a world wide acknowledged process improvement methodology adopted by many organizations. The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam is a 150 question exam with a 4 hour allotted time. The exam is administered in multiple test centers located in 165 countries.
Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
A CSCP demonstrates knowledge and organizational skills towards the development of more streamlined operations. Earning a Supply Chain Professional certification is expected to increase your salary – on average CSCP see a 27% increase in their salary after successfully completing the certification. In addition, your getting hired prospects increase substantially and you are viewed as an expert in the Supply Chain management.
IT has had been one of the fastest growing sectors and hence the worldwide demand is huge for the IT professionals. Firms are looking for the best and one of the best ways is to prefer candidates who have experience along with certificates. Some of the high-paying certifications in IT are:
Certified Scrum Master
Scrum is one of the software developed methodologies in the Agile development framework. A certified Scrum Master guides the scrum team in an Agile project to perform at their highest level. Along with the Product Owner, a Scrum Master is one of the most important team players in an scrum based project. Below are the requirements to become a scrum master.
- Attend an in-person, 16-hour course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST®)
- After successfully completing the course, you will need to take the 50 question CSM test and answer 37 out of the 50 questions correctly within the 60 minute time limit
- After you pass the CSM test, you will be asked to accept the CSM License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile
AWS Certified Developer – Associate
The AWS (Amazon Web Services) Certified Developer examination is meant for individuals who perform a development role and possess 1 or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS based application. AWS Certification not only validates your technical knowledge but also helps advance your career. Once AWS Certified, you will be an in-demand cloud professional complemented with the booming Cloud computing industry.
Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr)
CCAr is the highest level of accreditation achievable within the Cisco certification program. CCAr certification is intended for senior network infrastructure architects who develop network technical specifications to support business objectives. The curriculum helps candidates understand the business strategy and translating it into technical infrastructure requirements. Having a CCAr can be your launching pad to work as a Cisco architect job at one of the top technology companies and share your expertise.