Are you looking for competitors of upwork that are just as good? Find out in this post!
Whether you’re looking for new freelancers or trying to get work, there is a multitude of options available. While you can use UpWork, its best to try these other options to expand your client/freelancer base and complete your projects on time.
Are you ready? Let’s start!
Workshoppers is one of the main competitors of upwork. And here are the main differences between the two.
How is WorkShoppers different?
- There are no commissions. Just a monthly fee of $19 a month.
- You can negotiate terms with your candidate, saving you both time and money.
- You save time by directly contacting your candidates.
- Find freelancers that work in your local area for full-time, contract or part-time roles
- Matching algorithm shows the potential list of candidates that fit your criteria.
Workshoppers believes in the benefits of working “in person,” even if it’s for a one-month job. “Workshoppers” and companies can speak to each other differently and agree on their terms on the contract. And, the platform has a strong algorithm to highlight the best writers for your situation. This means that you don’t have to sort out which writers are applicable for your job.
Once the job is finished, your business has the opportunity to review the work. All jobs and companies are vetted before they are posted on the site. The main goal of Workshoppers is to meet and hire freelancers within their community. This helps create long-term relationships for both freelancers and businesses.
Workshoppers does have one small downside. Depending on your location, it might cost more to hire a freelancer. While you can hire a writer from outside your location, you’ll have to build trust. Do this by meeting up with them first.
Freeup was made to help businesses hire top-talent quickly. Nathan Hirsch, Founder of Freeup, started the business by vetting out freelancers to multiple eCommerce businesses. He then branched out to other skill sets as demand grew for his services.
How is Freeup Different?
- The candidates that are available have a wide variety of skills; this means that they aren’t limited to one area.
- Freeup has a strict talent pool. For instance, they only hire the top 1% of applications in their network.
- Freeup has a no-turnover guarantee. This means that if your freelancer is sick or unable to work, they will reimburse the cost and provide a new writer immediately.
We like this site because it gives you the ability to pay your freelancers directly. As a result, you’ll save thousands of dollars from your budget. All of the work done by the freelancers is only started until you have approved the total amount of project hours.
People Per Hour
People Per Hour is one of the best competitors of upwork due to their dynamic platform. You can create a job post and have freelancers apply for the listing. Also, it has a popular request that is sold at a higher price. Freelancers can define these requests, and determine the price of it.
How Does People Per Hour Differ?
- You can create an account for free.
- Posting on PPH is free of charge. And, you can have a featured job listing for free.
- You can search for “Hourlies” which is a fixed price that freelancers can start immediately.
If you’re looking for an alternative that has a better turnaround period, then give People Per Hour a look.
Out of the many competitors of upwork, you’ll have to decide which one works the best for you. For freelancers, you’ll expand the job offerings and increase your personal brand. For businesses, you can find more high quality talent. So try to utilize these platforms to help increase your worth as a freelancer or business.