:)
Facebook reinvents TV shows with a new video platform called “Watch”
Aug10

Facebook reinvents TV shows with a new video platform called “Watch”

  Facebook is giving TV shows a new meaning as the social media company today launched a new video platform called “Watch.” Content will be exclusively produced for the new platform by partners, who are expected to earn 55 percent of ad revenue while Facebook takes the remaining 45 percent. Shows and programs from the new platform will start rolling out to a small set of people in the US from tomorrow on mobile, desktop and...

Read More
Twitter testing desktop version of Night Mode
Aug09

Twitter testing desktop version of Night Mode

Following a successful roll out of Night Mode for the mobile version of Twitter app, the microblogging company is currently testing the desktop version of the same feature, 9to5google reports. Night Mode as you already know, is a feature that makes it easier to read tweets in the dark without leaving a strain on your eyes. The feature gets rid of any traces of white from the app, replacing it with a dark gray. The result of the change...

Read More
Facebook calls time on Lifestage; a Snapchat-like feature it launched last year
Aug09

Facebook calls time on Lifestage; a Snapchat-like feature it launched last year

Facebook has officially confirmed that Lifestage; a Snapchat-like feature it quietly launched last year will no longer be available. The company confirmed the latest development to Business Insider on Tuesday. Lifestage, a dedicated social network for high schoolers, probably didn’t live up to Facebook’s expectation. The company pulled the app from the App Store on August 4 after it failed to update it for months. “We originally...

Read More
Social media photos can show user’s signs of depression
Aug09

Social media photos can show user’s signs of depression

According to a new study reveals that images on social media can hint signs of depression   Every hour, every day, hundreds of thousands of photos are being uploaded on social media platforms. From culinary dishes – #foodporn – to cute animals. But a new research says that users can also hint their depression via photos on social media. The research was published in the EPJ Data Science and was carried by Chris...

Read More
Instagram users could soon be able to add friends to live stream
Aug08

Instagram users could soon be able to add friends to live stream

Instagram is not done telling everyone how much prepared it is to be the number one image-sharing service in the world. After successfully cloning one of Snapchat’s biggest features, Instagram is not testing a new feature that will enable you add friends to live. What this simply means is that you can invite another person to join your live broadcast from their device. “Starting today, we’re testing a fun way to go live with a friend....

Read More
Facebook will no longer charge marketers for accidental ad clicks
Aug08

Facebook will no longer charge marketers for accidental ad clicks

Facebook is shaking things up a bit in the advertising front. The social media giant will stop charging marketers for accidentally clicked ads. If a person accidentally clicks an ad on a mobile ad, but retracts within two seconds, such will be categorized as unintentional. Such clicks, according to Facebook, will not attract charges to the marketer. Product Marketing Manager Brett Vogel said the company won’t be charging for those...

Read More