Skype revealed today that its iPhone and iPad apps have passed the mark for 120 million downloads, and it has released the latest update for both iOS apps.
According to Skype’s Jonathan Watson, the photo sharing service has shared over 20 million photos in the first couple of months since its release.
“Every month, one in every three iPhone and iPad owners use Skype on their device, and according to a report by Distimo, Skype is one of the top 10 free iPhone apps of all time,” said Watson in a blog post.
Apart from the milestone, Skype also released version 4.2.1 of Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad.
The new version adds several user-requested features on both the iPhone and iPad:
- In-app Skype account registration to create a new Skype account within the app from an Apple iPhone or iPad
- Microsoft account sign in to Skype
- Windows Live Messenger and Outlook.com integration to merge contacts automatically
- Editing of sent IMs by simply tapping and holding an instant message
- Skype emoticons (with animations for Retina displays)
Visit the Apple App Store to upgrade to the latest versions of Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad.
A coffee junkie who spends most of his time writing about the latest news on social media and mobile technology. I would definitely consider myself a nerd (in the coolest most hipster way possible). That being said, I love technology, music, writing, and all things mobile. Follow me: Google+ Twitter
Don't forget to subscribe
and receive our latest posts in your inbox.
Latest posts by Francis Rey Balolong (see all)