We are living in a time when branding is everything. People don’t consider the quality of a product; they only pay attention to the brand name. Companies spend thousands of dollars on dynamic website design, advertising, logo design, brochure design, etc, for effective branding, but they often forget about social media.
Social media is a great marketing and branding platform. One of the biggest and most popular social media sites is Twitter and with the help of Twitter, you can establish your brand effortlessly. Here are some useful Twitter branding strategies for newly launched companies.
- Promote Your Content- Interesting content always attracts social media users. Twitter allows only 140 character posts, and you have to write brief content to make people aware of your products and services. However, if you want to share detail information about your business, you can also post links of your web pages in Twitter.
- Customize the Background- Remove the default page background and customize your Twitter profile. You can use your brand color and logo in the background to give it a corporate look.
- Use #Hashtags- Hashtags are great for marketing. It can be used for introducing your products, services etc. Just prefix the hashtag to the word you want to promote and it will appear in Twitter search result. For instance, if you want to promote a mobile named “supernova”, write it like this- #supernova.
- Follow People Who Follow You- Social media is all about interaction and communication. When someone starts following you, you should follow him back to strengthen the friendship. When your followers will see that you also try to be close with them, more people will start joining your page.
- Start a Conversation- Twitter is a great platform for customer relation. Ask your followers why they love your brand and how you can serve them better. Take feedback on your products and services. If someone asks you something about your company, try to answer his queries as soon as possible.
- Don’t Spread Spam- Some companies always talk about their products and fans get irritated. There is no need to shout “buy my products now.” Let the customers use your product and share their experiences with you.
If you offer a unique service, you can ask your clients to share their experiences on your Twitter page. For instance, if you provide blog customization services, request your clients to share the benefits they get from your service.
- Put Your Twitter Link Everywhere- You should give your Twitter link in website, brochure design, business card and email to increase your fan following.
Twitter marketing gives your company a global exposure and makes your brand famous within a very short span of time. Follow these branding techniques and your newly established company will soon gain popularity among the target consumers. For more details contact www.webguru-india.com.
Guest post by: Hema Gupta is a social media analyst and marketer at Webguru India. She is really interactive to the web world and always scanning the social media sites to keep her updated about the changing behavior of the web and grabbing the hottest news.