It is a good thing that Google is once again diving into the podcast world after being absent for a couple of years now. The podcast market is growing by the day, and virtually every publisher is taking advantage of the opportunities it presents. Google Podcast was launched and added to the Play Store this week, and is offering something different from what many of us are already used to—customizable features among others.
Unlike many other available podcasts, Google Podcast is integrated with the increasingly popular artificial intelligence. No surprise there actually, especially if you have been following the trend with Google lately. The company has been going full throttle in terms of integrating its apps with AI.
Podcasters will be able to discover and listen to podcasts from several broadcasters across the world. With Google Podcast, you will be able to subscribe to any show for free and download your favorite episodes for your offline listening. The app is able to automatically synchronize all your listening across devices so you can pause on one device and resume on another with the Google Assistant.
Simplicity is one of the most important features when looking for a podcast to use, especially if you are a newbie—and Google Podcast offers that. The truth is that you won’t struggle to find your way around it because all its features are easy to get used to. You can search for play, and subscribe to podcasts with ease. However, Google will need to add an option to create playlist, which currently is not available.
If you are pro podcaster who wants more out of your podcast app, then you might want to stick with what you already have. That said, Google Podcast is one cool app to fall in love with, especially with the integration of Google Assistant. The features are exciting enough to make anyone fall in love with it—and that is not an exaggeration.
The app is only available on Android as a free download, and adds to the number of popular podcasts already making waves in the market. Some of the features available on Google Podcast include:
- You can customize your listening experience.
- Subscribe and listen to any podcast of your choice for free.
- Listen to podcasts at faster playback speeds or skip over silences.
- Listen to the same podcast on multiple devices without losing your place. Pause on your phone and pick up where you left off on your Google Home.
- Listen on all your devices.
- Find podcasts using the Google Search App and the Google Assistant.
- Discover new podcasts based on your listening history and preferences.
- Find the latest episodes of your favorite podcasts directly on your phone.
Like I mentioned earlier, it will take a while for some pro users to consider the idea of trusting Google Podcast, but Google can speed up the process by gradually adding more features.