Google wants to help businesses to a good start in 2019, and is therefore updating its Manufacturer Center. The update will enable businesses to add in their own custom product information within searches that are relevant to what they offer. Google Manufacturer which was launched in 2015, is a service that allows businesses upload specific product queries.
The new update will allow businesses to add custom product information to augment relevant search results. This is made possible from the manufacturer panel added to the listings. “To help you assist your customers and highlight your products’ unique features, we’re launching a new section on Shopping product detail pages, featuring content directly from you.”
As explained by Product Manager, Shopping ads, Limor David, the latest option will give businesses more control over how their products and businesses appear in search queries.
“To kick off the new year, we’re making those interactions even better by introducing new ways to show high-quality and inspirational content to shoppers, and providing robust analytics to help you better understand how customers are interacting with your brands and products across all of Google.”
A summary of what you will be able to achieve or do with the new feature as outlined by Google in a blog post include:
- Populate your product pages on the Google Shopping property with inspirational and high quality content.
- Highlight the product features and capabilities that you know your shoppers care about the most.
- Build brand equity directly with shoppers on Google (Google remains the first place shoppers go to get helpful recommendations and suggestions on what to buy according to an online survey of ~2,700 recent online shoppers).
Businesses now have improved analytics within the Manufacturer Center, which will provide you with a better understanding of how ads for your products are performing on Google. This has become inevitable considering the importance of the performances of ads. The projection for this year and beyond is that major business decisions will be made based on informed decisions.
Going forward, you will among other things in the analytics:
- Performance trends like top performing product groups and significant changes in performance or price.
- Insights on product variants like top search terms for your products and average price trends.
- Product group stats like which competitor’s brands and products appear most often with yours.
Last November, Google updated Maps with a feature that allows customers to interact with businesses. The feature, a messaging one, will customers to send messages to businesses within the app. Adding a messaging feature within the app that allows you to interact with businesses is a win-win for everyone.
In October, Google added a follow button to Maps that lets you follow businesses within the app. That update has now seen the tech giant adding a messaging feature that allows you to make enquiries from businesses. The feature will allow you to make orders, book appointments, and do a lot more without exiting Google Maps.