- Published by
- Posted on
- Leave your thoughts
Facebook has released its list of top rated social games wherein SongPop emerged as crowd favorite among the 25 top rated social games launched this year and received the highest star ratings and engagement levels.
The generated 25 top apps is an aggregate list that includes top rated social games on Facebook.com and mobile platforms such as the iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
“In the social games world this year we saw the emergence of new categories of games, high quality graphics and immersive gameplay, and games built by big and small developers from around the world. It was the most diverse and global year for social games to date – for those on Facebook.com, as well as games built with Facebook for iPhone, iPad and Android,” said Julien Codorniou, Head of Platform Partnerships at Facebook in a statement.
“We’ve pulled together the list of the 25 top rated games, based on games that launched in 2012 and received the highest star ratings from players and engagement levels over the course of the year.”
SongPop, a music trivia game, was the most popular, well-engaged, and highly-rated social game this year, followed by social mobile games Dragon City and Bike Race at second and third, respectively.
The top rated social games of 2012 (in proper order):
- SongPop by FreshPlanet (4.4 stars average – 307,029 votes) – Listen to song clips to test your music recognition and send challenges to friends. Available: iPhone, iPad, Android, Facebook.com
- Dragon City by Social Point (4.4 stars average – 1.2 million votes) – Breed your own dragons in a fantastic world of magical islands and combat your friends in a Stadium. Available: Facebook.com
- Bike Race by Top Free games (4.6 stars average – 24,464 votes) – Drive through amazing jumps and loops as fast as you can to beat Facebook friends in a fast-paced physics-based racing game. Available: iPhone, iPad
- Subway Surfers by Kiloo (4.6 stars average – 133,604 votes) – Help Jake, Tricky & Fresh escape from the grumpy Inspector and his Pitbull dog. Available: iPhone, iPad, Android
- Angry Birds Friends by Rovio (4.3 stars average – 547,983 votes) – The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the greedy pigs who stole their eggs. Use the unique abilities of each bird to destroy the pigs’ defenses. Available: Facebook.com
- FarmVille 2 by Zynga (4.1 stars average – 1 million votes) – Create your own thriving farm in a beautiful 3D world full of crops that bend in the breeze, adorable animals that roam around looking for feed, and friends that help your farm come to life. Available: Facebook.com
- Scramble with Friends by Zynga (4.4 stars average – 11,411 votes) – Quickly slide your finger over adjacent letters to form words forwards, backwards, sideways…any way you can. Available: iPhone, iPad
- Clash of Clans by Supercell (4.6 stars average – 18,612 votes) – Join a clan of players and rise through the ranks, or create your own Clan to contest ownership of the Realm. Available: iPhone, iPad
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance by Playdom (4.3 stars average – 287,744 votes) – Team up with the Avengers, Spider-Man, the X-Men, and S.H.I.E.L.D. to harness the potential of this new power before Dr. Doom, Loki, and the world’s most powerful villains beat you to it. Available: Facebook.com
- Draw Something by Zynga (4.3 stars average – 46,958 votes) – Select a word to draw for friends, then watch them try to guess and make hilarious drawings for you. Available: iPhone, iPad, Android, Mobile Web
- Hay Day by Supercell (4.3 stars average – 42,794 votes) – Make a name for yourself by harvesting crops and building bakeries, sugar mills and dairies that turn your fresh produce into wholesome goods you can trade with your friends at your very own Farmer’s Market. Available: iPhone, iPad
- Baseball Heroes by Syntasia (4.5 stars average – 179,715 votes) – Advancing from Rookie League to the Majors may be a bit challenging but as players develop new skills and compete one against another, they will start to gain more experience to become the best down the road. Available: Facebook.com
- ChefVille by Zynga (4.0 stars average – 714,669 votes) – Discover a mouth-watering world of food where you craft delicious recipes and go beyond the restaurant to create your own culinary adventure. Available: Facebook.com
- CSR Racing by NaturalMotion Games (4.5 stars average – 20,344 votes) – Upgrade your Audi R8, BMW M3 or Chevy Corvette with turbos, nitrous injection and aerodynamic tweaks to beat tougher and tougher opponents. Available: iPhone, iPad
- Candy Crush Saga by King.com (4.0 stars average – 466,671 votes) – Mix and match candy for spectacular effects. Available: iPhone, iPad, Facebook.com
- Matching With Friends by Zynga (4.4 stars average – 4,463 votes) – A colorful, bouncy and explosively fun puzzle game that will keep you and your friends entertained for hours. The game starts simple enough: just line up 3 or more colors of blocks to make a match. Available: iPhone, iPad
- Legend Online by OASIS GAMES (4.5 stars average – 54,868 votes) – Players can attack other players by setting up their own city, join a group or union wars, World War BOSS and enjoy the field of fighting. Available: Facebook.com
- Jurassic Park Builder by Ludia (4.4 stars average – 5,171 votes) – Based on the ground breaking film franchise “Jurassic Park,” experience your own thrilling interactive journey on the mysterious Isla Nublar. Available: iPhone, iPad
- Dungeon Rampage by Rebel Entertainment (4.3 stars average – 195,317 votes) – Lead fierce fighters on a thrilling journey through the evil king’s “Dungeon Games” – devious battles that pit heroes against deadly traps and fearsome monsters. Available: Facebook.com
- Pockie Ninja II Social by NGames Limited (4.4 stars average – 92,299 votes) – Licensed Naruto-based tactic social game. Feast your eyes and feel the ultimate Naruto-style experience. Available: Facebook.com
- Jetpack Joyride by Halfbrick (4.3 stars average – 198,261 votes) – Join Barry as he breaks in to a secret laboratory to commandeer the experimental jetpacks from the clutches of science evildoers. Available: Facebook.com
- Social Empires by Social Point (4.0 stars average – 566,941 votes) – Create your empire from the ground, train villagers and construct a powerful army to defeat the hordes of mischievous trolls that will threaten your village. Invoke the power of dragons and join forces with Gods and Colossis to help you in your mission and succeed in the hardest quests. Available: iPhone, iPad, Facebook.com
- Bil ve Fethet by Peak Games (4.4 stars average – 67,533 votes) – As three Facebook players duel on a world map with castles, soldiers and old world pirates, you seek to conquer the most territory or better yet, defeat both of your opponents. Available: Facebook.com
- Ruby Blast Adventures by Zynga (3.9 stars average – 174,497 votes) – The more you match, the faster you dig, and skilled miners will be able to activate boosts and power-ups, getting at those hard-to-reach depths where rare treasure awaits. Available: iPhone, iPad, Facebook.com
- Pyramid Solitaire Saga by King.com (3.9 stars average – 182,819 votes) – Match cards that are either one higher or one lower until you can pick the golden scarab cards. Available: Facebook.com
Most games came from app developers from Australia, Brazil, France, South Korea, Spain, Turkey and the U.K, while Zynga led the U.S. with the most games on the list, including FarmVille 2 and Draw Something.
“It was a big year for action/arcade games too, with most of the apps falling into the relatively new category. Fifty six percent of the games are available on Facebook.com, while the remaining 44% are social mobile games (available on iPhone, iPad and Android),” said Codorniou.
Facebook’s list of top rated social games came from the social network’s App Center ranking system, which bases on star ratings from users, positive and negative user signals and engagement levels from January 12 to November 10.
The list includes games launched in 2012 on Facebook.com and mobile games integrated with Facebook, but it only includes games with at least 100,000 monthly active Facebook users.
Latest posts by Francis Rey Balolong (see all)
- How to Paddle thru LinkedIn Discussion Groups and Avoid SWAM - May 14, 2014
- How to Create Engaging, High Quality Content - Apr 7, 2014
- Starting With Nothing? Cut Corners With These Entrepreneurial Tools - Apr 3, 2014