Facebook Watch launched globally

Share the joy
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Credit: https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2018/08/facebook-watch-global/

Finally, Facebook Watch is now available to users outside the US. This is coming one year after the service was first launched in the US. The social media giant made the announcement in a blog post, which now makes it possible for partners to reach out to more people.

Today we’re making Facebook Watch available everywhere — giving people around the world a new way to discover great videos and interact with friends, creators and other fans.”

It also marks Facebook’s biggest push into global video service which brings it at per with Netflix and YouTube. It is still too early to assume that going global will attract more partners to the Watch video platform, but at least it offers them a tempting option to do so.

That said, it is a big pull for advertizers who can now reach billions of people across the world in different languages. In a blog post, Facebook said more than 50 million people watch at least a minute’s worth of video every month in the US, and this has increased since the start of the current year. As a matter of fact, the company said the figure has increased 14 times since the start of 2018.

The social media behemoth is also expanding its Ad Breaks program to make room for more partners to make more money from their videos. What that means is that more tools are now being made available.

“Taking Watch global also means new opportunities for creators and publishers around the world. We’re expanding our Ad Breaks program so more partners can make money from their videos, and we’re offering new insights, tools and best practices for Pages in Creator Studio.” Fidji Simo Head of Video said in a blog post.

Content is being exclusively produced for the platform by partners, who are expected to earn 55 percent of ad revenue while Facebook takes the remaining 45 percent.

Shows and programs from the new platform will start rolling out to a small set of people in the US from tomorrow on mobile, desktop and Facebook’s TV apps.

Per revenue, Watch presents Facebook a huge opportunity to generate and improve the company’s revenue base. 45 percent off total revenue generated from ads will be kept by Facebook, especially since it will be hosting original programs.

Watch has been personalized to help everyone discover the latest shows. Pioneering sections include “Most Talked About,” which highlights shows that spark conversation, “What’s Making People Laugh,” which includes shows where many people have used the “Haha” reaction, and “What Friends Are Watching,” which helps you connect with friends about shows they too are following.

Watch is available on iOS and Android as well as Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One, and Oculus TV. You can access Watch on iOS and Android by looking for the “Watch” icon in your shortcuts bar or the “More” bookmark.


Share the joy
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Author: Ola Ric

Ola Ric is a professional tech writer. He has written and provided tons of published articles for professionals and private individuals. He is also a social commentator and analyst, with relevant experience in the use of social media services.

Share This Post On