While it is true that in the age of digitization it has become almost necessary to sell yourself online, there are still many aspects in which need you to get down on the ground and promote your product among the masses using a direct person approach. Now going person to person is not the best way to go obviously. So a more practical approach would be to organise live promotional events at crowded places (for example, in a shopping mall or a market).
But how do you make the maximum use of such an opportunity? How do you make sure to convert the crowd into your customer?
Here are some tips that can help you in such a situation:
- DISTRUBUTE PAMPHELTS – While most people use this strategy alone by standing near a metro gate and giving out pamphlets to all the people passing, it is not really effective in that way. The ratio of people that would read the information in the pamphlet will be very low. But if this strategy is used in combination with all the below mentioned points it can be one of the most effective way which would help convert that crowd into customer.
- MASTER OF CEREMONIES (EMCEE) – This is a factor that somewhat depends on the skill of the person assigned the task. MCs help in gaining attention of people towards the place of the event. They also keep the crowd engaged at all times by interacting with them and talking with them in a friendly manner. Also they repeatedly keep announcing about the product and its features which increases the chances of people getting to know about the product and ultimately turning into customers. But tread carefully and always choose the best MC available to make the event a success.
- FUN ACTIVITIES – Plan out a few activities that you can do by picking up a few people from the crowd. It can be something related to your brand or the type of product you are advertising. Even if it is not completely related, it is still okay and one should try to relate the product indirectly by giving away things related to the product to the customers who wins at the end. Do plan the activities in advance as random fun tasks can be confusing and may lead to unwanted situations.
- GIVEAWAYS – There is a very high possibility that the part of the crowd that was just passing by without giving attention would come running towards you, if they realize there is something being given away for FREE! Who doesn’t love freebies! So make sure when you engage the crowd in some fun kind of fun activity you always give them a small gift with your product branding on it. You can give away anything like a cup, a cap, a t-shirt or even a pen. But make sure that you put your product branding on the gift so that your product gets more advertised. Giving away discount coupons is also another way in which you can make sure that the person turns into your customer.
- HUGE BANNERS/POSTERS/HOARDINGS/PROPS – Always make sure that the people get to see your product even if they are just passing by. So the best way to do this is to install big banners, hoardings or some kind of props which displays your product in a huge way. It is really one of the most important step if you are organizing a live promotion event.
- LIVE PERFORMANCES – Another kind of technique that is 100% guaranteed to make the stop crowd is live performances of various kind. A certain level of entertainment level must be maintained throughout the entire promotion in order to engage as many people as possible. While MCs sure are going to do this to a certain level, he cannot entertain a lot of people at once. Here comes the role of live performers who engage the entire crowd with their mind blowing act. It is advised that you not use normal dancers but use artists that people do not see very often. These can be freestyle footballers, hoola hoop artists, BMX riders or some offbeat artists like these. Given that the FIFA WORLD CUP U-17 is very near, it would be best if you use freestyle footballer artists to engage the crowd and make them relate your product with football and ultimately turn into customers.
Bottom Line – Live promotion events, although do not target a crowd base as large as the online world, but are a big factor in showcasing your new product. When the audience gets the feeling of the product hands on, it is much more likely to become your customer.
However, one must keep in mind all the above mentioned points to make your campaign a huge success!
How would you like to be engaged at some online promotion events?
What kind of things do you look for when you see someone showcasing their product in such an event? Also, what else would you do if you were to organise such event?
Leave out your feedback in the section below. Share these steps to make the next live promotional event an enthralling success!