After news that an iPhone 4 spontaneously combusted while its owner was in a flight in Australia, a new case of a burning iPhone 4 has been reported.
In a report on November 24, the iPhone Blog (blogdoiphone.com) said that the incident happened with Brazilian Ayla Paulo Mota.
According to the report (which you can read here via Google Translate), the Brazilian is said to have been startled out of sleep as the iPhone 4 he owns was emitting sparks and smoke 15 inches from his face.
“This is what happened to Ayla Paulo Mota, who saw his iPhone 4 short-circuit and burn to 15 inches from your face,” the site writes.
Mota reportedly plugged the phone to charge overnight.
The iPhone Blog quotes Mota saying:
“At dawn, I woke up seconds before witnessed the burning of my iPhone when I saw a lot of sparks and black smoke out of the cell. My room was impregnated with an unbearable smell smoke! At that moment, turned off the power switch in the room to remove the phone from the outlet. Soon after, I opened the windows of the room and turned on the fan to remove smoke, that just came out completely on Tuesday morning. I do not hurt, although the unit is about 15 cm and height of my eyes.” (via Google Translate).
The incident allegedly happened on November 22, which is three days before the Australian iPhone 4 fire incident.
Via The iPhone Blog