A Twitter advertising strategy may not be hard to implement. But it does require time, effort and other resources to be successful in this endeavor.
As an online marketer, you know the rapid growth and use of Twitter as an advertising platform has hurled brands to the forefront of digital technology.
But how do you exploit this stage to achieve positive results in your online campaign?
Here are three tips you may start with for a successful Twitter advertising strategy:
1. Enforce a flexible editorial calendar
A structured, flexible editorial calendar is what you need to set well-defined rules for content creation.
Having an editorial calendar allows you to integrate principles with a high level of consistency and reliability.
In the calendar design, remember to follow these tips based on case studies and research for timing your posts:
- 12PM to 3PM is the best posting time on Twitter
- Weekends and Wednesdays are the best posting days for B2C companies
- Weekdays are the best posting time for B2B companies
- Wednesdays have the highest click-through rates
2. Create shareable content
Recent data show that Twitter users tend to consume specific types of content.
Though it’s hard to craft posts with a universal approach to product content, you may use the following tips as basis for tests in your own Twitter advertising strategy:
- Research and use as model what content formats and substance work for the most popular influencers.
- Reply to tweets from followers and connect with influencers to preserve user engagement.
- Use informal or conversational language.
- Add some trivia or controversial info, especially related to recent events, but use it appropriately.
- Use powerful action words to keep the target audience hooked.
- Limit tweets to 100 characters only, as research shows it’s the ideal length.
- Add images to tweets, as this content type performs better than regular textual content.
3. Keep testing
It’s crucial to connect your Twitter ad spend to specific goals, using conversion tracking from the outset.
Ad spend for conversion tracking is a user-friendly tool that only need a few lines of code inserted in your website.
After installing the code, attach specific downloads, purchases, signups, and more to campaigns designed for conversions.
Same as above, split-testing is very easy to apply by running similar ads with minor changes and monitor changes in engagement levels.
For split-testing, campaigns may be targeted at different audiences, behaviors and events.
The following metrics may help gauge the success of your Twitter advertising strategy:
- Follower engagement
- Growth in number of followers
- Click-through to posts
- Overall reach
- Product purchases
- Onsite email signups
A Twitter advertising strategy has doors to connect with your audience that other channels simply don’t have.
But, in order to make the most of any social media platform, it’s vital to stop using it as a megaphone without filters and to start creating a strategic route to exploit its full potential.