One of the world’s most powerful four-seat coupes, the Hennessey VR1200 Twin Turbo, has been unveiled by Texas-based Hennessey Performance Engineering.
The car has over 1,000 horsepower and is based on the Cadillac CTS-V Coupe.
More specifically, Hennessey says that the VR1200 has 1,226 bhp at 6,400 rpm (1,066 Rear Wheel HP) and 1,109 lb-ft torque at 4,000 rpm (964 Rear Wheel Torque).
As with its power, the car’s price will also be massive at $295,000 excluding shipping.
Only 12 of these Hennessey VR1200 Twin Turbo coupes will be built by the Texas tuning shop but the company wants the VR1200 upgrade to be available for the sedan and wagon versions of the CTS-V.
Imagine a CTS-V Sport Wagon with more than 1,000 HP. That will be a sight to see.
Hennessey replaced the standard 6.2-liter V8 of the Caddy with a twin-turbocharged 7.0-liter V8.
Here’s what else the company changed with the coupe.
2013 VR1200 Twin Turbo Coupe
Production limited to just 12 vehicles
• 1,226 bhp @ 6,400 rpm (1,066 Rear Wheel HP)
• 1,109 lb-ft torque @ 4,000 rpm (964 Rear Wheel Torque)
• 0-60 mph: 2.9 seconds
• 1/4 Mile: 10.2 @ 141 mph
• Top Speed: 242 mph
VR1200 Twin Turbo Upgrade Includes:
• 427 CID (7.0L) Aluminum V8 Engine
• Forged Aluminum Pistons
• Forged Steel Connecting Rods
• Forged Steel Crankshaft
• Balanced and Blueprinted Rotating Assembly
• ARP Main Studs & Head Bolts
• High Flow Cylinder Heads
• Hennessey VR1200 Camshaft
• Upgraded Fuel Injectors
• Upgraded Fuel System (Includes Lines, Rails, Regulator & Pump)
• Twin Ball Bearing, Billet Wheel Precision Turbochargers
• Dual Wastegates
• Adjustable Boost Controller (800, 1000 & 1226 HP power settings)
• Stainless Steel Turbo Downpipes and Exhaust System
• Air-to-Water Intercooler
• High-Flow Air Induction System
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
Transmission & Drivetrain Upgrades:
• Manual: Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Upgrade
• Automatic: Performance Build & Torque Converter Upgrade (Add $20,000)
• Extreme Duty CV-Shaft Upgrade
Brembo Brake System Upgrades:
• 15.1 inch Carbon Ceramic Rotors (Front & Rear)
• Calipers: 8-Piston (Front); 6-Piston (Rear)
Wheels & Tire Upgrades:
• Hennessey Wheels: 20×10 inch (Front); 20×13 inch (Rear)
• Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: 275/30YR-20 (Front); 345/30YR-20 (Rear)
• Lowered 1″ (Front & Rear)
• Upgraded Front and Rear Swaybars
• Factory Magnetic Ride Control Tuned by John Heinricy
CarbonAero Widebody Body:
• Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
• Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
• Carbon Fiber Front Fenders
• Carbon Fiber Extractor Hood
• Carbon Fiber Rear Fender Flares
• Alcantara Headliner
• Carbon Fiber Door Sills
• Upgraded Leather & Stitching
• Hennessey Embroidered Heardrests
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
With power comes rivalry. We think a battle between the new Hennessey project and the Bugatti Veyron is in order.
Look below for photos of the Hennessey VR1200 Twin Turbo Coupe.